Two Rivers Utilities customers have the following payment options:
1. By Mail – customers should include the bottom portion (stub) of their bill with their check or money order.
2. 24-Hour Drop Box in Gastonia The City of Gastonia has a drop box for utility payments located behind City Hall in the City of Gastonia Parking Lot.
24-Hour Drop Box in Cramerton located at Town Hall. You can deposit your check or money order payment in the drop box and your payment will be processed the same day, as long you get it into the box by 3:30 p.m. Be sure to include your account number or the service address on your payment. For drop box payments: Please include the payment remittance portion of your bill. If you don’t have your bill, please make sure the name, address and account number are noted on the check or money order for your payment.
3. Automatic Bank Draft – Bank transit routing number (bottom left hand corner of check) and account number (usually follows routing number) for payments from checking/savings account.
4. By Phone or on the Web 24/7 using debit or credit cards with VISA, MasterCard, Discover logos or Electronic Check. Customers calling can use the direct line to Payments Corporation 1-888-484-9465 and need to have both their 8-digit Two Rivers Utilities (TRU) Account Number and their 5-digit billing zip code available. Click here to make online payments
5. Payment Kiosks For those who prefer to pay in cash, automatic bill payment centers, or kiosks, are located at the three Gastonia Bi-Lo food store locations, two of which open 24-hours per day, seven days per week, and there is no fee to use this payment method. The automatic payment centers will accept debit or credit cards, as well as, cash. Please note that payments made after 5:00 p.m., on weekends or holidays, will be posted the next business day.
6. Ace Cash Express If you still prefer to pay your bill face-to-face with someone, you will also have the option to make your payments at Ace Cash Express 2597 W. Franklin Blvd. Customers are charged a fee of $1.00 for this option. Please note that payments made after 5:00pm, on weekends or holidays, will be posted the next business day.
Bills are due upon receipt and become past due on the 21st day after the date of the bill. If payment is not received by 5:00 p.m. on the 21st day, a late fee of $5.00 or 1.5%, whichever is greater may be added to the account. A reminder notice is mailed and if payment is not received within 14 days, a $25.00 administrative fee may be added to the account and a disconnect order is scheduled. The past due balance and the administrative fee must be paid to avoid disconnection. If the service is disconnected, an additional $20.00 reconnection fee may be added to the account when service is restored. If service is restored after 5:00 p.m. additional fees may apply for after hours reconnection.