How do I apply for utility service with Two Rivers Utilities?
- Download an Application for Residenial Service
- Residential customers can apply over the phone with an acceptable credit rating or previous service in good standing with Two Rivers Utilities / City of Gastonia.
- Residential customers need to provide the following:
- A valid picture ID.
- A lease or proof of purchase.
- A deposit – deposit amounts are based on the customer's credit worthiness as reported by Online Utilities Exchange. Deposits can be waived with an acceptable credit rating or with a guarantor who has had utilities with the city for at least 24 months and has maintained a good or excellent credit rating.
Commercial customers need to apply in person. These customers need to make sure their zoning has been approved, and any inspection issues have been resolved
- Commercial customers need to provide the following:
- An authorized agent of the company must come in and apply for service.
- Deposits range from $400 to $35,000 depending on the type of business.
- Deposits can be waived with approved letters of credit or Security Bond.